PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME:
- Boil 2 lb sugar in 12 1/2 fl oz water;
- Add 2 tblsp liquid glucose or a pinch cream of tartar;
- At 239°F pour onto dampened marble slab;
- Work with scraper and wooden spatula until it 'turns' whit and firm;
- Work small pieces in fingers until smooth;
- Set aside under cloth to mellow for i hour.
- Add 1 oz unsalted butter as fondant is 'turning'.
- heat over steam:
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate and 1 tsp vanilla essence;
- Add to fondant as it is 'turning'
- Kneed 4 oz desicated coconut into fondant;
- Add icing sugar to prevent sticking;
- Divide into brazil nut sizes and flavour with a dash of essence of either:
- Use food colouring if desired.
- Place 1/2 lb butter fondant in double boiler;
- Add essence of choice and stir constantly until melted;
- Remove from heat and slowly add:
- 4 tblsp double cream;
- 8 oz icing sugar;
- Kneed on marble slab until smooth;
- Using icing sugar roll to 1/2" thick;
- Cut into shapes and store overnight on waxed paper.