PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME:
Use a starter with the following: Lactobacillus acidolophilous, L. bulgaris, Streptococcus thermophilus.
- For extra hick yougurt either mix and boil 1 gal. milk with 1 cup of non-fat-dry-milk powder;
- or reduce 1 gal milk by 1/4;
- Let it cool until one finger can be inserted without burning (112°F - 44°C);
- Mix gently with 1 cup of good quality live yogurt or culture saved from previous batch of yogurt;
- Cover and place undisturbed at 85°-110°F for 4-8 hours;
- Refrigerate before whey collects on surface.
See also Shrikhand, Misthi Dahi,