More cookie recipes
More fat - flatter and chewier to crispier cookies.
Less fat - puffier and more cake-like cookies.
Flours with a high protein content like bread and all-purpose flour - flatter, darker, and more crisp.
White sugar - crispy.
Brown sugar or honey - chewy.
Less sugar - puffier.
Baking soda - cookies will brown in the oven.
Baking powder - puffier and lighter in color.
Cookie dough that is chilled before baking will hold its shape and produce a slightly puffier cookie
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F;
- Whip untill fluffy 1 stick (4oz) softened butter with 1/2 cup sugar;
- Combine but do not overmix with:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour;
- 1/2 cup ground almonds;
- 1/4 tsp salt;
- Roll into 20 balls;
- Slightly flatten balls onto an ungreased biscuit sheet;
- Press a blanched almond in the centre of each cookie;
- Refrigerate for 15 mins;
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until golden around the edges;
- Allow to cool before serving.